Strange Saturdays

9/13/2008 10:42:00 pm BenefitScroungingScum 6 Comments

It's been one of those days. No, not that one, the other one. Blogging is great for many reasons. One being that it's connected me to a world full of people just as capable of chaos in their lives. Oh...and setting their cat's tail on fire. Twice. Damn - burned fur smells awful!*

I went out earlier to meet my old school friend, Marie. I expected to be out for two hours at the most so arranged to talk to someone online at 5pm ish. It being one of those days I did keep the second appointment. Four and a half hours later.

In between time there had been a little beer drunk by some, and a little green smoked by others. We abandoned the bar we were in to come back here so another friend Jenn could try on my underwear. Whilst waiting for Jenn I answered the door to three very pretty, but very young men boys. Wearing bright yellow tops and ostensibly selling offering invitations to sponsor endangered Antarctic pink shrimps or something.

They were far more interested in coming in to have a party with Marie and I. Who were both slightlytotally destroyed, though perhaps not as much as my swaying made them believe. You could literally see the words 'Mrs Robinson' light up in neon over these boys heads. Even when I told one I had shoes older than him. I dread to think how many women had already let them in that day! Give them their due, they worked hard to try and persuade us to have a party with them, considerably more effort than they were willing to give the Antarctic prawn sponsorship. As Marie and I went to a girl's grammar rather than Lolita's whorehousethe local convent school we were paranoid it was a distraction burglarly/fishing scam rather than adolescent male orgy fantasy so we turned them down in favour of watching Jenn model my underwear. At least I can grant one of their wishes. To be immortalised in writing.

I promised to immortalise not infamise. Which as it turns out is not a word. According to dictionary.com. But I like it so much I'm going to make it one. Remember where you heard it first.



*No kitty's were harmed in the course of them setting their own tail on fire.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Those little boys are probably home, wanking to the memory of the possibility.

Anonymous said...

Oscar Wilde comes to mind "I can resist anything except temptation"...... :-)

Dark Side said...

It's such a shame when we can't trust our instincts anymore on these things and have to have it clouded by actions of others in the past.

As long as you had a good day...xx

"so we turned them down in favour of watching Jenn model my underwear."

Well, if you still got a thrill from that, at least it was not a totally wasted night. ;-)

Btw, tag, you're it.

Anonymous said...

Woah. Your life is way more interesting than mine!

Anonymous said...

what fun, hospitals are bad enough with out building works to add to the woe, glad you got around ok.